On Thursday 20 December 2001 09:10 am, you wrote:
> If you think these things are bad today, you should have tried to do
> this stuff under linux 5 years ago. Before SDL, DRI, and X4.....

I appreciate the advice to get these things working. Yeah, I started with
getting interested in Linux about 3 years ago and I would say at that time
Bill Gates' assesment of it being a "fringe" operating system was pretty
accurate. I appreciate how far it has come, but I am eager to have more
developers jump on board to make it simpler for the average user. I hate it
when friends shell out $150-$200 every couple of years to upgrade to a
technologically inferior OS because of the convenience of a friendly
interface.

David

--

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep