On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 02:01:35PM -0600, David Cross wrote:
> RealPlayer for Linux stinks. It crashes RH 7.2 EVERY time, even during the
> install.

I run Debian and haven't had any problems with it.

> Using it on a network? Not even Novell's iFolder or iPrint applets work, so
> are Linux distros keeping up with where networking is moving?

Where's that?  I thought Novell was pretty much a has-been (thanks,
Bill!) and I've never even heard of iFolder or iPrint before.  Based on
some quick googling, it looks like iFolder is a network-mounted home
directory that's internet-accessible and iPrint is a reinvention (or
maybe an implementation?) of the Internet Printing Protocol.

Granted, NFS isn't something I'd want to run over today's internet, but
it sounds like iFolder and iPrint are just NFS and CUPS for Windows.
Whoopty-do.  So Linux can't keep up with networking because Novell is
innovating new features that Linux already has?

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss