On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 23:33, ScanMan wrote:
> On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 22:53, james wrote:
> > I have it running right here from a downloaded iso.  But, when I tried to
> > install it on a machine at work, it blew out 2/3 of the way through and
> > trashed the bootloader.  I had to install Mandrake to get LILO back (no, I
> > don't keep a boot disk, shame on me...)

You could grab a "tom's root boot image" it's teeny (1.44 floppy image)

All these problems with RH are strange to me, I'm using 7.2 iso's I
snagged from the LUG mirror and have installed them on around 5
different machines with no problem what-so-ever.

> It seems like Red Hat is having a lot of trouble with bugs, maybe you
> should wait for a few weeks to install their latest version. On a
> related note, you can boot from the Mandrake (or RedHat AFAIK) and type
> "rescue", it will then give you a console where you can re-install LILO
> without having to re-install the whole distro.

Perhaps those of you could post EXACT hardware specs (right down to
motherboard, CDROM and HDD (make, model, brand), BIOS rev, Graphics
Adapter flavor and maybe we can try and riddle out the common
denominator(s)

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc.