On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 22:53, james wrote:
> I have it running right here from a downloaded iso.  But, when I tried to
> install it on a machine at work, it blew out 2/3 of the way through and
> trashed the bootloader.  I had to install Mandrake to get LILO back (no, I
> don't keep a boot disk, shame on me...)

It seems like Red Hat is having a lot of trouble with bugs, maybe you
should wait for a few weeks to install their latest version. On a
related note, you can boot from the Mandrake (or RedHat AFAIK) and type
"rescue", it will then give you a console where you can re-install LILO
without having to re-install the whole distro.