On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 07:05:35PM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > Yes, Debian is an evolving creature, debconf in particular.
>
> I don't think Dan's problem had anything to do with debconf, but
> rather with the woody/sid X servers which don't seem to care if you
> have a working XF896Config or not, but instead want to ask you some
> questions (which do, admittedly, end up in debconf's database, but
> that doesn't make it a debconf issue)

Wow, you're splitting hairs here.  It is not a debconf issue as a tool,
but as an implementation for those packages.  Read debian-devel for the
full story.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie at wookimus.net)