On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 09:42:37PM -0600, Jay W. Anderson wrote:

> has a lot to do with this as well.  What bothers me the most is not
> the typing, but sitting and using the mouse while working in AutoCAD
> all day.  If I have the keyboard where it should be, I'm straining to
> reach and hold/work the mouse which effects the muscles of the upper
> back and neck.

This is the main reason why I think the mouse sucks as a UI device.

The trackpoint is a bearable alternative.

I don't mind arcane control key bindings and macro sequences -- it may
take a while to learn them, but that just keeps the mind alive and
keeps one's hands over the home keys resulting in fewer demands on the
users movable parts.

Ergonomically, without moving the ESC key binding, Emacs wins over vi.

Does anyone know of a Linux program similar to QuickKeys?  (I've
looked before but never seen one.)

Phil

--
"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood