Timothy Wilson writes:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Over the last week or so I've been experiencing some very mild numbness and
> tingling in my left index finger. Also, it occasionally twitches
> very slightly. Is this an early sign of RSI? Is it time to shell out 300
> clams on that Kinesis keyboard? (http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/)

Tim,

I started to get this a while back also.

My wife -- who is an architect and spends a lot of time in front of
the computer with Autocad -- gave me a set of her strap-on wrist
guards. They have worked perfectly.

I was a bit hesitant to wear them at first, because I didn't want to
be the stereotype that I was holding of some whinny secretary who
needed an ACE bandage around her joints just to play Solitare all
day. :)

But I gave them a try.. and they work magic. I don't have any problems
as long as I wear them -- if I go without them, the pain comes back.

It was a bit strange to type with them at first.. but I got used to
it. It's no problem now.

Before trying them, I tried the premium 3M gel pad thingies for
keyboard/mouse.. but those still didn't work in the long run (for me).

My wife said that you can get these for free from your doctor. I'm
still using her extra pair, so I haven't looked into this
specifically. Perhaps OfficeMax or something would have them also.

    Matt

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/