On Friday 14 December 2001 09:40, Austad, Jay wrote:
> I had symptoms like this about 2 years ago.  It got so bad that I would
> just go home for the rest of the day around noon or so.  It felt like
> someone had smashed both of my wrists with a big hammer.
>
> I bought a Microsoft Ergo keyboard, and a trackball (I'm now using the MS
> Trackball Optical, thumb operated).  I haven't had problems since.  As soon
> as I get on a regular keyboard, or use a regular mouse for any period of
> time, the pain starts to come back.  Keyboards and trackballs are one thing
> that MS got right.
>
> Jay

  I use standard equipment (keyboard, mouse, etc).  The only thing that I've
bought for more comfort while typing, is a gelpad for the keyboard.  If I'm
on for long lengths of time, I get soreness in the wrists but it goes away
when I get up and walk around for a bit.

  Try getting involved in some other activities as well that don't involve
typing or such.  Not to sound "preachy" but, try to get active in sports or
something to allow you to use your hands more often than letting them sit on
a keyboard all the time.  Personally, I liftweights as well as am involved in
Tae Kwon Do.  Since having been more involved with these, I don't experience
so much wrist hand issues anymore.  I'll try and find some posts in regards
to this from another mailing list I'm on.

Shawn