I had symptoms like this about 2 years ago.  It got so bad that I would just
go home for the rest of the day around noon or so.  It felt like someone had
smashed both of my wrists with a big hammer.

I bought a Microsoft Ergo keyboard, and a trackball (I'm now using the MS
Trackball Optical, thumb operated).  I haven't had problems since.  As soon
as I get on a regular keyboard, or use a regular mouse for any period of
time, the pain starts to come back.  Keyboards and trackballs are one thing
that MS got right.

Jay