In Slackware, you'd want to install gtkplus.tgz to get gtk.h.  It can be
downloaded from:

ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slakware/gtk1/gtkplus.tgz

If you check www.slackware.com, there's a 'packages' link on the left
side.  It'll bring you to a dropdown, where you can select a
group.  There's one called 'GTK - GTK+ and GNOME programs for X', and you
can find other GTK and Gnome packages in there.

--
Michael Vieths
Foeclan at Visi.com