Repetitive Stress Injury
And to his question.....
I doubt the keyboard would help.
My bet is that if you saw a chiropracter you would find that
you had some knots in your muscles right around the shoulder
blades on your back.  When these occur they pinch the nerves
that are connected to the fingers, and among other things cause numbness.
/me has had numb pinkys for a few years d/t that :)
RS