Actually, I don't think that's quite right either.  Someone feel free to go
for or against me on this, but this is how I've always wired my crossover
cables (and I've made and used quite few):
    Cable  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8
	1    w/o   o   w/g  bl  w/bl   g  w/br  br
	2    w/g   g   w/o  bl  w/bl   o  w/br  br

Essentially, you are just switching the green pair with the orange pair on
one end of the cable.  Everything else stays the same.

Dan Churchill
----
The views expressed in this message are those of the sender, and do not
represent in any way the views or positions of Honeywell or its affiliates.