> Hello-
>
> I'm running debian unstable. I installed the "desktop environment" task via
> tasksel and I'm wondering if there is a way to remove the entire task thats
> now installed. The man page for tasksel doesn't cover uninstalling an entire
> task, nor does apt-get or dpkg.

Not using tasksel. Tasksel is for installing tasks, and that's about it.
It's supposed to be an easy way and quick way to get related packages
installed.

To get rid of things, you would want to use a frontend like diety,
dselect, or just apt-get. Im sure there's a way you could use your shell
of choice to grep through /var/lib/dpkg/available and spit out packages
with the Task: desktop flag, then just pipe it to apt-get remove or
something, but I'm not going to figure out how. :)

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
	"I MIGHT be DANGEROUS!" --The Tick