On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 01:45:55PM -0600, Jacqueline Urick wrote:
> I'm running debian unstable. I installed the "desktop environment"
> task via tasksel and I'm wondering if there is a way to remove the
> entire task thats now installed. The man page for tasksel doesn't
> cover uninstalling an entire task, nor does apt-get or dpkg.

The easiest way to do this is to get the source for tasksel and look at
the lists in $topdir/tasks.  For each package in the list, do an

    "echo $package purge | dpkg --set-selections"

Then issue an "apt-get dselect-upgrade -yu".  That should clean up most
of what you installed.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie at wookimus.net)