On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 02:38:47PM -0600, Bill Layer wrote:
> Is anyone able to get message filtering to work in Sylpheed? I've tried
> making rules a dozen times, and the software just seems to totally ignore
> all of them. The rulemaking process is pretty simple, and I really can't
> imagine what I am screwing up.

Don't bother.  Just use procmail and dump the email into the folder by
placing a "/." after it.  Note, you don't need a lock file any longer.

:0
* ^TOme at mydomain.tld
my_mhfolder/.

This won't touch the unseen sequence in my_mhfolder/.mh_sequences, but
that's not a big deal; sylpheed doesn't look at the mh stuff anyway.  It
just reads the directory and manipulates the directory on its own.  (Not
that difficult when the email is one separate file per email, not
strings attached.)  IMHO, mh directories are a bit easier to grep than
maildir directories.  That whole random-string naming convention and
multiple subdirectories per folder thing messes with my head.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD