On Sunday 09 December 2001 14:15, Marc Olivier wrote:

> We got some kind of networking to work momentarily, then all networking
> died on the Windows PC. Does anyone know what would cause this to happen,
> yet the network card settings on the windoze pc says it's up and running
> fine? I swapped network cards, I tried different patch cables, including
> crossover cables (yes they were from Belkin, that is the only brand the
> store carries), but no networking.

For the benefit of those of us who weren't part of the installfest help
session can you provide the following:

1. What type of network cards in the Windows 98 boxes?

2. What is the workgroup set to on Windows and Samba?

3. What parameters are set on the Microsoft Networking Client for Windows?

Not being able to connect to samba shares has often been either an
authentication thing, (smbpasswd, etc. not set properly) or workgroup naming
problem (when trying to browse shares), or setup issue like user level
authentication when no domain is specified.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com