On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Troy.A Johnson wrote:
> If you come across such a product, please let
> me know about it!
>
> I think the easiest (but not the simplest or best)
> way to do this is to scan Samba shares from
> another machine using the product you already
> have. You could possibly getting the virus
> scanning product to run in a local VMWare ($?)
> session (or maybe under Wine) to reduce
> network traffic.

I've used both McAfee and Sophos Sweep under Linux; they both work fine.
The downside is that you can't do scans of network traffic -- you can only
scan the local filesystems on a regular basis.

I do, however, use amavis to hook mail delivery through the virus scanner.
You wouldn't believe how many I can get.  :)