Hello!

I'm running Red Hat 7.2 and want to add NTFS read (at least) support to the
kernel. Apparently Red Hat does not include this support in provided kernel.

Is there an easy way to take your current configuration and have it dumped to
a ".config" file in /usr/src/linux so that I can simply add NTFS support
without having to go through all of the kernel configuration options? Of
course, I would then go through the required steps to build and install the
new kernel.

I'm not sure how the Red Hat install works, but it seems to automagically
build modules of my sound card, network interface, etc. When building a
kernel from scratch, I'm sure that most of my machine-specific options are
not included; I want to make sure I don't miss anything when building a new
kernel.

Is something like this possible?

Thanks!

Brandon