On Wednesday 05 December 2001 13:13, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Shawn wrote:
> > An option that might be worth looking into is to get the latest BIOS
> > flash utility for the systems and try to reload that.
> >
> > Never had this particular situation, but first thing I can think of.
>
> Yeah, going to give it a shot.
>
> The Gateway P75 is an Intel board, so I'm not sure if they have the hot
> key sequence to do BIOS recovery.
>
> I'm fairly sure that Tyan will..

Depending on the vintage of Intel board it may have a "configuration jumper".
Its usually an obvious color (bright blue or purple I seem to remember) and
when the system is powered on with it "on" it goes directly into the boards
"initial setup" mode. Now the ones I had direct experience on were slot 1
P2/Celeron boards but they may have used this with the earlier boards as well.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com