On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 16:43, Thomas Eibner wrote:
> > > If you think I am idiot, keep it to yourself, I don't need to hear it.
> >
> > > uak
> >
> > I don't think insulting someone for asking a question is 'welcoming' and
> > neither did uak apparently.
> > Perhaps he meant it as humor but I don't think it comes across that way.

oh well. I didn't directly call the person who wrote this question an
idiot but as they say "If the shoe fits...."

All I said was that the person should feel shame. Does anyone disagree
with that statement? Who else was thinking it?

Oh and to further add insult to injury....

Go to http://www.google.com and type "twin cities linux user group" in
the search box. The TOP link is http://www.mn-linux.org if you click
that link you get *GASP* the LUG website which CLEARLY has links to the
mailing lists and thier archives.

Was asking a crime? No. But will said person think twice and perhaps
exercise a little reason and conduct some research before posting a
question that they (admittedly) knew was not exactly a tough one to
answer....

> I read that sentence over and over again and I can't see the insulting
> part in it. She said herself she was asking the question even though
> it might have been answered 300 times on the list before. And in fact
> it had been since Bob changed the list signature to have all the nice
> info in it.

Don't defend me Thom, let em whine.

--
Ben Lutgens
System Administrator

"If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on
fire."
	- George Carlin