On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Jay Kline wrote:

> <rant>My, what an interesting concept. I find it interesting that so many
> people on this list feel the need to change a problem set. It happens quite
> often, and can be very frustrating for the person asking the question.  Its
> ok to suggest a different approach, but if the person asking the question
> says something wont work, please dont dwell on it. </rant>
>
> Sorry, I cant run a second server, or run IMAP. I have my reasons. All Im
> asking is for a text based mail reader that works with Kmail.
> Jay

As politically incorrect as it is to say so: pine.
You have to symlink ~/mail to ~/Mail or reconfigure pine's setup
but the two programs are cross-compatible. You might need to tinker with
inbox settings as well to get a complete match.

BTW: I tried mutt again with the "pinerc" from the distribution.
I'm still not using it. It has major problems. I'd rather use elm or mh.

--
Daniel Taylor