I did my research but would like a confirmation on this procedure before I
begin.  I need to add scsi emulation for my dvd (hdb). I already have a
working cdrw (hdd).  Here are my steps:

1. edit lilo.conf with:

append=" hdd=ide-scsi hdb=ide-scsi devsfs=mount quiet"
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(for each boot option)

2. run:  $ sbin/lilo -v  and then reboot.

3.  check devices with: $ cat /proc/scsi/scsi

4. edit fstab by removing old /dev/hdd entry and add:

/dev/scdX /mnt/cdrom etc......
(where X should be 8)

5.  Add link:

ln -s /dev/scd8  /dev/cdrom
ln -s /dev/scd8  /dev/dvd   (xine requires this for example)

Question#1: Would I want to add this to /etc/module.conf:

options ide=cd ignore="hdb hdd"

I saw a reference to this, telling ide to ignore hdb and hdd.

Question #2: How many logical units does scsi emulation create for each cd
device (I believe 8)?  Will I need to create a node in /dev?  Such as:

mknod scd8 b 11 8

Thanks for your help.

			      ^