You could, but traffic returning to the client would appear to come back
from the ip on the dsl line, and would be rejected by the tcp stack on the
remote host.

Here's an easier solution.  Change the TTL in your dns to like 15 minutes
well in advance of the move.  When you move the box over, change your dns at
the same time.  That way it will minimize the amount of time it takes for
your dns to propagate (less than 15 minutes).

Jay