I just installed Debian woody on a Sun Ultra 30 the other day.  It's going
to be a backup server.  Currently, I'm in the process of debugging some
SCSI issues before it returns to service as an Amanda server, and
apparently Veritas's NetBackup is going to be plopped on there at some
point.

Anyway, this box happens to have a Creator3D card in it, and I was curious
as to what must be done to get that working right.  I was having trouble
getting the Sun mouse (such fragile pieces of junk) to work at all with
the Xsun server.  I ended up installing XFree86 and plugging in a
Microsoft serial mouse, but when I tested by running a bare X server, the
mouse was even more jerky than the standard Sun mouse.  Just curious if
others have played with this odd combination of stuff..

There's a mini-din connector on the back of the display adapter, but I
hear that it might be for tying cards together when doing stereo viewing
or something strange like that..

I also have a question about software RAID devices in Linux.  This system
had an external drive enclosure with three 9 GB drives in it that I made
into a RAID 0 array for Amanda's holding disk.  I'm curious how mounting
the disk automatically at boot would work, considering that raid0 is
currently a module (I tried compiling it in, but that made the kernel too
big -- and I don't think there's a `bzImage'-like option for UltraSPARC)
and that I've had to do `/etc/init.d/raid2 start' before mounting the
array.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Find your aim in life,
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   before you run out of