>From: Rick Engebretson <eng at pinenet.com>
>Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:25:53 GMT
>Subject: [TCLUG] (SuSE) linux, kylix, staroffice integration for controls??

>The problem is finding out how to combine StarOffice (perhaps with Java
>and error suppression) and Kylix on the same simple linux distribution.
>StarOffice seems happy with older distributions. Kylix rejects (g)libc
>2.1.3 and insists on either a patch or (g)libc 2.2 used by (eg) SuSE 7.1.
>The patches SuSE offers don't seem to satisfy Kylix with regard to some
>"loader bug."

See http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,26998,00.html for
information about the loader bug. In a nutshell it fixes some nasty problems
that can occur when dynamically loading and unloading modules.

I don't know whether or not a patch is available for your particular
distribution, but I'm leaning towards not. You might be able to use a glibc
patch intended for a later version. If that fails, maybe installing glibc
2.2 would work.

Lee Behrens