Having tried different versions of Red Hat and SuSE Linux, and certainly
not of expert skills, I'd like to recommend SuSE to others. I've
installed SuSE 6.1, 6.4, and now 7.0 and seen rapid maturation.

The graphical setup tool, YAST 2, recognized and set up hardware better
than Red Hat 7.1. (eg. Sound card and ethernet card.)

Particularly helpful is YAST 1, the SuSE linux administration tool. This
tool, alone, makes SuSE easier to use.

Further, the directory structure is, in my opinion, structured better.
The /opt directory is used for kde, gnome, (star)office52, netscape,
oracle, etc.

Also, the SuSE web site seems more complete for updates and upgrades.

Finally, their documentation has been gone over and cleaned up by someone
speaking English as a first language. Even their lizard logo has acquired
a friendly face.