So I was at LinuxWorld Expo in SF today (live there when not at college),
and Codeweavers announced that they've finished the crossover plug-in. It
supposedly lets you run quicktime and shockwave / macromedia and ms word
/excel viewer and other windows netscape plugins in linux netscape (or
mozilla or konqueror, I think). Unforunately, the person at the booth
wasn't too tech savy and just showed a quicktime movie being played off
the hard drive (but not streamed).

Anyone know much about how the crossover plugin works? It doesn't use
Wine, I'm told and it appears not to just run the quicktime player, but
embedd it somehow. How would you install quicktime with this plugin? If is
works well, I'll go grab it at $20 and have quicktime in linux!

also, IBM had a huge presence at LinuxWorld, as did Sun. StarOffice 6.0
looks to be much better / faster than 5.2 with decent font and printing
and no desktop integration stuff. Corel was no where to be seen, but they
are trying to sell there Linux stuff, so....  Intel and Amd were out in
force also -- AMD touting there i86-64 specs which they made public two
years at ago the expo.

Ben