On 25 Aug 2001 08:47:01 -0500
"Brady Hegberg" <bradyh at bitstream.net> wrote:

> Seems like no matter what I try I get "failed to insert aha152x module".
> If I can't get this working soon I'll have to give up and install Win98
> (my friend needs the machine by Monday).  Does anybody have any ideas I
> can try?  Or maybe a cheap (<$20) scsi controller?

Time to remove the card, and reconcile the jumper settings against the
manufacturer's documentation so you can know exactly what resources the
card is using. The 'failed to insert module' message sounds like the
driver is compiled as a module, not as part of the kernel itself. I don't
think that you can pass boottime parameters to a module, so you need to
have the parameters subsequent to the 'modprobe' or 'insmod' command, in
whatever file is trying to load the driver.

If you boot the system from a floppy, you can try to manually insmod or
modprobe the module, with all kinds of different parameters until it goes
in. Once you get it, record the working settings ;)

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-