Jason Jorgensen writes:
> Has anyone setup some sort of VPN server in linux that supports windows
> clients? If so, how secure is it?
>
> I am in the process of setting up PopTop with the MS PPE patched ppp. Is
> there a better alternative?
>
> Basically I want to get remote employee windows dialup clients into out
> network as secure as possible.

Hi,

If your Windows clients are running Win NT4/2k, check out CIPE.

  http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/devel/cipe.html

We are using this internally at MySQL AB for our VPN, as our
developers are scattered around the world. It works very well, with
the exception that it is only limited to Linux and these two Win32
platforms. :-\

Regards,

    Matt

--