Yes, that's what they said, clearly not understanding the problem.  Here's the
quote
--start quote--
Thank you for writing AT&T BroadBand Cable Internet Services regarding
the Internet service and Port 80.  I apologize for any inconvenience
which you have experienced with our filter on Port 80.

NOTE: We do not block your access to sites such as www.yahoo.com or any
others.

It has been confirmed that a block will remain in effect (for reasons
related to the Code Red worm) until AT&T BroadBand feels it is safe to
remove it.  This has been done to protect the network and we have no way
of removing it or getting it removed, at this point in time.

Please refer to the following section of the Terms and Conditions which
are applicable to this issue:

Section 10.9 You agree that AT&T and ServiceCo shall each have the right
to take any action that either AT&T or ServiceCo deems appropriate to
protect the Road Runner Service, its facilities and equipment.
--end quote--

This shows they're filtering inbound traffic, but (supposedly) not outbound
traffic.

After this message I sent back a clear example where I explain telnetting to
port 80 to check the connection.  After that I got back a message that they're
looking into the matter, which is probably the best response I've gotten out
of them all weekend.  Now we'll see if they really are looking into it.