Thus spake Brady Hegberg (bradyh at bitstream.net):

> I'm trying to install Redhat 7.1 on an older Dell with a scsi cdrom and
> an adaptec aha-1510 controller.  I've tried selecting the aha-152x
> driver (which I've read should work) but it just says it failed to load.
> After a search on the web I found some info that said that I might have
> to enter parameters for the drive, like irq and address...but I can't
> figure out what these are or how to get them.

According to the manuals, the defaults are IRQ 11 and IO address 340h.  The
other possibilities are IRQ's 9, 10, and 12 and IO address 140h.

If you want to see how to set/read the jumpers, the manuals are here:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/suppbyproduct.html?cat=/Technology/SCSI+Host+Adapters&fromPage=supportindex

Rob