Anyone using a stock deban kernel image and using the nvidia-kernel deb
package?

It looks like the nvidia-kernel deb package only works if you compiled
your kernel yourself.

i pointed /usr/src/linux to /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.8-686-smp but
the make-kpkg modules_image  complains. Which I can understand as there
is only the headers for the kernel there. I installed the kernel-source
for 2.4.8, but the .config file is not for the running 2.4.8 kernel
image from debian and make-kpkg modules_image pulls in the .config file.
I wish the kernel image included the .config.

I would like to do this the debian way, and not for source for once. I
have done the whole thing from source many times, but I want to try it
with pure debian packages this time.