So yeasterday I apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade and waited a
couple of hours. (Blasted 56k!) Everything went fine, except for ppp. I
get the following messages (this is after apt-get -f install):
---
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 65884 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace ppp 2.4.1-1 (using
.../archives/ppp_2.4.1-4_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement ppp ...
/etc/modutils/0keep: keep: command not found
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 127
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
/etc/modutils/0keep: keep: command not found
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/ppp_2.4.1-4_i386.deb
(--unpack):
 subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 127
/etc/modutils/0keep: keep: command not found
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
 /var/cache/apt/archives/ppp_2.4.1-4_i386.deb
---
   I think that the problem is that 'keep' is not found, whatever that
is. I have verified that /etc/modutils/0keep exists, however, typing
'keep' at the prompt results in a command not found. What gives?
   :Peter