First, I want to make sure I understand what you are doing.  Are you trying
to just read off any 'ole CD you have laying around? Or are you trying to
create a new CD? As of right now, Konquerer does not support CD writing, you
need other tools to do that (much like in windows- only they are free and you
most likely already have them installed).  If you are just trying read your
CD rom, it would help to have some more information.  As was suggested, it
may be a SCSI emulation problem.  From a console or terminal of your choice,
type:

ls -l /dev/cdrom2

And report back what you see.  If it says something like /dev/hdd or /dev/hdX
then you are not using SCSI emulation.  Or at least fstab dosnt know about
it.  If it says something like /dev/scd0 or /dev/scdX then it is trying to
use a SCSI (emulation) device.  In either case, fstab may not be correct for
your configuration.  This seems unlikely as you have a default Mandrake
install, and it normally handles things like this very well.

Jay