Dan writes:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:30:49PM +0000, Adam Wolkoff wrote:
> They're not. Trust me on this one. :)
<G>

>> I simply cannot get access to my CD burner. [...]
>> However when I go to access something on the drive I am told I do not have
>> access rights to this location (even when logged in as root).
>
> This sounds like a SCSI emulation problem. <
snip>
> SCSI emulation, if you don't already know, is a way to get an IDE drive to
OK

> What's the error message you get? I'm not sure what "access rights to a
> location" exactly means.

There are two flavors.
If I try to access the drive vin konqueror, I'm told "unable to enter file
:/mnt/cdrom2.  You do not have access rights to this location."
If I try to access the drive via a desktop shortcut I get "could not enter
directory /mnt/cdrom2"

Regards,

TeamStrange
By: Adam Wolkoff