From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Michael Fraase
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 2:00 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] AT&T filtering sites?.sdm

Nope, I'm talking about *any* ISP blocking access to certain IP
addresses or IP blocks. They all have consistently and collectively used
the argument that they are "common carriers" not "publishers." A
position I agree with, in general. And, the argument goes, since they're
required to carry the traffic of all comers they're not responsible for
any of it. When they start limiting access to specific addresses or
blocks of addresses, a cogent argument could be made that they've given
up their "common carrier" status.

--
Michael Fraase
ARTS & FARCES LLC
mfraase at farces.com
www.farces.com
PGP Fingerprint:
3D85 F3F4 9E65 4949 176A  260C CB47 190D C864 9A96