From: Eric Stanley [mailto:barnabas at knicknack.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 6:16 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] NIC Card

If I understand what you were trying to do, your routing probably
prevented that from working (unless, of course, you changed).

What you could do is leave both cards up, put them both on your
internal network and try pinging the eth0 address (192.168.0.4) from
your windows box.  I think that even if all traffic for your internal
network is routed through eth1, pinging the eth0 card will work in
this case.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The other thing you could try is to change the routing so that traffic
for your internal network routes through eth0.  Then the ping test to
192.168.0.4 should work.

HTH,

Eric