Quoting apu islam (isla0005 at tc.umn.edu):
> I am planning to run a production web server at my home using Qwest DSL deluxe
> package(1 mbps downstream, 1 mbps upstream). The webserver application will
> not be havily data intensive, it will have mysql databases on the back end and
> some large chunk of applications to keep it loaded.
>
> I do not know much about qwest DSL service and stability. So do you guys think
> it would be wise to run a production server using DSL ? I currently have cable
> and I know I am not going to run it on a cable.

It would be cheaper to get a database driven web site from a local ISP. I'm not
talking co-locationm, just find an ISP that does MySQL and supports whatever
language your writing your web application in.

It will be a whole lot cheaper then the 1Mb telco fee from Qworst. A helluva lot
cheaper once you through the ISP charges on top of that.

Given the rash of Code Red and Qwests crappy support, I would not put "stable",
and "reliable", in with Qwest DSL.

If you want a sales pitch from Real Time, send me private email and I'll tell
you want we support and what it costs.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500