No this is completly diffent the link you sent explains that they use a
laser to create an artificial dot in the sky and then they measure the
distortion in the atmosphere and use a flexible mirror to compensate for
this distorion, with the compensation the stars apper more clearly. What
I saw was completely different, they basically used a giant green colored
laser to burn a hole in the atmosphere, then for a very shor amount of
time they were able to take pictures through that hole with no
distortion. These  are two different thngs.