From: kblack at isd.net [mailto:kblack at isd.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 10:13 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] USB or parallel port SmartMedia card reader for Linux

Does anybody know of a usb or parallel port SmartMedia card
reader that works under Linux?

I looked for awhile last night, but could only come up with
FlashPath (floppy disk adapter), and even then I had to go to
an offshore site to get the driver...
The vendor of FlashPath floppy adapters released a press
release in 2000 saying they were adding Linux support to the
hardware they sell, but when you go to the site, you can't
find it (nice!).

If anybody has a FlashPath floppy adapter, and needs Linux
driver, let me know.  Got it to compile under Slack 8.0.  It
says you shuould be able to load the module, and then mount
the floppy, and presto neato, access to SmartMedia flash cards.

Well, I seem to be rambling on a bit.

73's de KB0GBJ
Kelly