On boot up, my caldera system loads ne with some defaults which are
incorrect.  How do I change it so the module will load with the correct
modules.

I had put a couple of lines in rc.local that would unload it then reload
it with the correct io and irq.  This doesn't seem to be working plus is
ineffecient.

Now, a bigger question.  I have a computer that I use to work from home
with and the company has just set up vpn and made it available to it
employees. Now the computer is running win98 and is gatewayed through my
linux box.  My question is will the setup be a problem.  I am thinking
that it will based on the question I was  asked, "do I have a real ip".
My linux does but the windows does not.

Any thoughts?

John Miller