this is starting to get holy-war-ish; so I just want to say that my foremost
opinion of Window Managers, is that it's one of the most personal choices
you make for your desktop. try lots of them, and pick the one you like, for
that situation.

that said...

I do some of these in my .fvwm2rc; or things similar to them; or could do
them if I cared to spend the time. :)
> [1] Ctrl+Alt+Left, Ctrl+Alt+Right: Move to desktop on left or right

# ctrl + arrow, scroll by 1 page
Key Left        A       M       Scroll -100 0
Key Right       A       M       Scroll +100 +0
Key Up          A       M       Scroll +0   -100
Key Down        A       M       Scroll +0   +100

# alt + arrow key, scrolls by 1/10 of a page
Key Left        A       C       Scroll -10 +0
Key Right       A       C       Scroll +10 +0

>     Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Left, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Right: Take the window with you
	never occurred to me to want that; but it's a decent idea. I usually
just click the 'sticky' button I created; then go to whichever desktop I
want.

> [2] The window menu LABELs the keys

this gives a list of the windows when you hit alt+tab; from which you can
choose the one you want, by clicking on it, or choosing its number or
letter.
# this gives almost-Alt+Tab-ish behavior
Key Tab         A       M       WindowList Root c c NoDeskSort NoGeometry

> [3] Ctrl+Alt+Space man bash Ctrl+Enter
	or in my case: right-click on the desktop for a list of programs to
launch (just like OS/2); choose the top one (xterm); man bash, enter.
	I mean to bind the list to ctrl+esc one of these days; but that's a
tough span on my keyboard here at work (Kinesis Ergo); so not much incentive
there.

> [4] If I click on window that means I want to see the whole window.

Mouse 1 F       A       Resize-or-Raise

the keyboard I use here at work is a Kinesis Ergo Essential. it's great for
my wrists and my typing speed; but it's not very convenient for spans/chords
(alt+esc; ctrl+tab; etc). so I've gotten into the habit of just mousing
(trackball, in my case) for a lot of things. so I'm not quite as
keyboard-heavy as I used to be.

if you like, I'll post my .fvwm2rc file to a web site; tho it's so crufty
I'm ashamed of it. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer