* Shawn <fertch at mninter.net> [010807 11:50]:
> Zibby, I think he's talking about wireless high-speed connectivity.
>  Those of us who live out in the boonies and don't have cable-modem or
> DSL at the moment and want high-speed 'net connectivity can't get it.
>  ISDN is higher than modem, but the cost isn't too effective.

Hell, even fairbalt(sp?) has cable modems now.

And, if you can see the 'southern sky' you can get a really fat latent
pipe from starband. :)

If you want connectivity you can allways get it.  It just costs more
because the economy of scale doesnt exist out there.  If I wanted to
live in the middle of nowhere and had cash, I would get a fractional t1
frame back to the nearest major city...  Not cheap, but resell dialups
on it and try to recoup the cost.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net