After a meeting today there will be many experts able to answer this
question better than me. But I'll share what little I know.

The Windows version (Delphi) and the Linux version (Kylix) use different
libraries. Windows uses VCL (Visual Component Libraries), Linux uses CLX,
Windows uses *.dll runtime libraries, Linux uses *.so runtime libraries.
These libraries are simply the precoded tools that allow your program to
access the operating system's programming interface. So, of course they
are different for different operating systems.

Delphi 6 advertises itself as Kylix compatible. I haven't seen it so I
don't know what that means. But with the modern IDE being so full of
wizards, it would seem quite possible to automatically convert source
code to one or the other or both operating systems.

A Borland representative will be at the Thunderbird Hotel in Bloomington
today and is surely whom you need to ask. This link might help;
http://www.tcpc.com/.

On 8/6/01, 6:17:59 PM, Brian Carter-Stiglitz <cart0196 at umn.edu> wrote
regarding [TCLUG] Kylix: Linux-->Windows Porting.sdm:

> If i code up a program in kylix, can i compile it using kylix to create a
> windows application or do i need to compile it on a windows machine with
> delphi?  if the prior is possible please let me know how it is done.
Also,