> > Wind Energy - the fastest growing alternative power supply. Here in MN we
> > have almost 2% wind energy, which by 2015 (?) must be more than 15% as
> > mandated to Xcel by MN legislature.
> > Here in MN we have the wind energy potential to power our state 13x over.
> > No More Blackouts!
>
> But we don't have the storage technology to store that power for high
> power usage days when the wind isn't in blowing very hard.  Like right
> now when the temp is 93 at MSP, but the wind is only 5 mph.

The wind is always blowing somewhere. It may be only 5mph where U are but
places like Pine Ridge near Sandstone there are sustained winds often in
excess of 22mph.
Spread out the wind farms from iowa to canada and you will catch the wind
wherever it is blowing. The stats of 13x over are from average wind speed,
elevation, square area and distance from major power grid installations. No
need for storage. The algorithm was set up by a German company to measure
potential across Germany for sustained wind energy usage. Germany could power
itself 3x over, we can do 13x.
106 turbines with 76meter diameter blades with a capacity of 1.5megawatt each
are going in near sandstone this fall.