Gabe Turner wrote:

> Well, this could be any number of things, but I see this most often when a
> motherboard is grounding on the case.  This happens when a peice of metal
> on your case is touching a part of your motherboard that it shouldn't be.
>
> What I usually try is taking the motherboard out of the case, set it on
> something non-conductive (a piece of cardboard works well), hook everything
> up to it and power it on.  If things start running (CPU fan starts
> spinning, any LEDs on the motherboard light up) and I get any beeps[1],
> then I know that may mobo was probably grounding on my case somewhere.

There is nothing at all, even with the motherboard out of the case.  By
this I mean, no power to anything, even the power supply fan does not
come on.

> [1] Make sure you hook your cases speaker up to your mobo.  Almost every
> mobo will spit out a series of diagnostic beeps if it encounters a problem.
> These beeps are usually documented in the manual that came with the board.
>
> What you're seeing could be any number of things, however.  Other
> possibilities I can think of:
>
> * Improperly installed memory - maybe it's not in the slot all the way;
>   maybe it needs to be interleaved; maybe you installed your DIMM in slot 3
>   instead of slot 0...

All three DIMM slots are full.

> * [Mis|Un]set jumpers.  If your mother board requires jumpers for things
>   like CPU speed, CPU voltage, CPU multiplier, etc, it won't start up if
>   they're not set properly.

There is really only 1 jumper, the CMOS jumper and it is set to the
normal position (as opposed to the delete CMOS position).  All the rest
are set in the BIOS through Abit's SoftMenu system.

Thank you for the response.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect