On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 11:25:09AM -0500, SpencerUnderground wrote:

> > > can i keep my signature?
> >
> > I don't care about your signature
>
> What about kicking my ass, do you still care about that?
> nevermind. What does it have to do with Linux anyhow.
> I was using vi and didn't know the command to select and cut.
> so there.

For the lowest common denominator of vi:

m<letter>  sets a mark labelled with <letter>

d'<letter> deletes from the cursor location to the mark with label
           <letter>

y'<letter> yanks text from the cursor location to the mark with label
           <letter>

vi: learning a new command a day keeps emacs at bay.  :)

Nate