On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 11:30:28AM -0500, Shane Kinney wrote:
>Ok, I am running Drake 8.0 and I have a cable modem. Yesterday my modem
>lights were going crazy as well as my router lights. I have a firewall
>setup and the router seems to block anything incomming.

"seems to be"? You mean you don't know if it's blocking all incomming
packets or not?

>Do I have anything
>to worry about since I'm only running Linux.

Only the fact that some jackass loosed this shit on the world adding even
more load to the already very busy internet and is taking making of your
favorite sites offline because the admins haven't gotten the patches
applied.

>Code Red II is only still a M$ IIS problem right?

See earlier comment. But to properly answer this question your linux
machines are impervious to this particular worm.

>Please Help.

You may want to read the ipchains howto. Sounds like you have no idea
what your firewall is up to, which is just as bad as not having one at
all.

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc.

What's the difference between root and God ?
God doesn't think that he is root.