On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 10:56:35PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 11:20:17PM -0400, Jon Schewe wrote:
> >
> >Am I hosed and I just do a fresh install and restore from tape?  Or is there
> >some way to recover this?
> >

> You'd have to manually edit the partition table in the superblock. You
> can get a copy of it with dd.

So even though I have a working partition table I need to get that inside the
superblock?  Would mke2fs -S do this?

> I couldn't begin to tell you what to do with ti tho. There is a company
> that does just htis very thing, I'll be damned if I can think of thier
> name though.

I'm guess they'd like lots of money though.  If it comes to that, I'll
reinstall the OS and live with it.  It's worth the time and experience to
figure out how to do this, but not the money at this point.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe